What I do
“When I grew up, I thought I would be a professor. As a professor, I kept developing apps for my students. So, I became a product manager!”
I'm a product manager at an Ed-Tech start-up, Learning Shift. For 6+ years, I've been developing educational products for Latin American clients. I manage 8 people across the globe including our engineering and design teams.
Manage multi-disciplinary team of 8 across different time zones including engineering design, and QA.
Direct product lifecycle for award-winning education products from market and user research to launch.
Spearhead iOS and Android app for largest educational publisher in Spanish speaking world, including launch of 3D models in AR that support learning.
Launched mobile messaging app for parent and teacher communication including development of go-to-market strategy and responsible for user data including reporting on usage metrics to relevant stakeholders in schools.
Create product specs, roadmaps, wireframes and user stories using Agile methodologies to prioritize features.
Product Planning, Lifecycle and Launch
As a former teacher, planning and organizing is in my DNA. When building products, I start by creating a roadmap that makes sense not just to key stakeholders but to my team and their unique workflow. We scope, implement and launch!
I am a content creator with a strong sense for product design
I have the ability to convey key requirements for complex product features
I believe in using agile methodologies as well a structured process that can help teams iterate faster and with precision.
User Research, Analytics and A/B testing
How do you know you are solving the right problem? Always start with user research. By formation (MSc at Oxford), I developed a rigorous methodology that allows me to conduct user interviews, create the proper instruments and ask the right questions to get at users' pain points and opportunities.
- I am quantitative and qualitative.
- I have a broad understanding of tools to measure and set KPIs (e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Heap) combined with the statistical and operational capabilities to A/B test and analyze results.
- I believe conversations with our customers and understanding behavior is the key to thoughtful business planning and feature development.
Design & UX
My job as a PM is to build the bridge between engineers, information architects, and designers through wireframes, clear process, and vision. In addition to my work as a PM, I've taken UX courses in the Bay Area to continually sharpen my design eye.
- I know how people learn. My teaching background lends itself to understanding complex user environments.
- I have the ability to visually lead teams through UX, wireframes and valuable content creation.
- I believe in designing with empathy and putting myself in my customer's shoes to understand how our UX can improve. Further, having lived and worked in different countries and speaking several languages, I bring to the table an adaptability and the intercultural skills to think individually and act globally.
Marketing & Business
Before becoming a PM, I successfully lead my own profitable business. With Learning Shift, I had the opportunity to develop the product marketer in me and find new ways to distribute our products, organize strategies, and how to promote them to new customers and clients.
- I am adaptable to different products and business models.
- I have developed brand presence and product marketing at educational conferences, and launched GTM strategies.
- I find business opportunities. In my time at Learning Shift, I landed a consulting contract with the most important publisher in Latin America. This relationship increased our revenue by 40% during that year.
These are some of my products.
Mobile app and Web platform
This award winning mobile and web app offers text messages and push notification that facilitate communication between parents, schools, and daycare.
Videogame (Mobile Android and iOS and web platform)
Vocabulary word video game for Spanish learners. Created with United. On the web platform, teachers can customize their gaming sessions and analyze data and learning.
Augmented Reality App
Supports teaching curriculum and used by thousands of students to bring classroom material to life.
Did I tell you about my past?
• Entrepreneurial product manager with a focus on education, content, and storytelling.
• Multilingual global marketer known for managing tight schedules across functions and time zones.
• Visionary who can lead the full product cycle: ideation, research, design, development, and launch.
2011 to present
University of Chile
July 2007 to June 2011
University of Chile
Jun 2009 to Aug 2011
University of Oxford
Fall 2012 to 2015
Certified Software Product Manager
Product School, 2017
University of Chile
Fall 2001 to Spring 2007
Certified ICT: Teaching Language with Technology
Trinity College, 2015
Nonprofit focused on preparing Mission District K-12 students for college.
● Lead the Latina Tech-Mentorship Program with 50+ members.
● Operate digital proficiency assessment and program for mentees.
● Fundraise and product manage organization’s first-ever messaging and scheduling app.
Skills & Languages
Trello, JIRA, Scrum; Agile methodologies
Analytical and data driven; Google Analytics, A/B testing; SQL
iOS and Android
P&L Management; Forecasting, Budgeting and planning